Monday, August 10, 2009

desk




I've longed for a desk of my own (a room is not a possibility) for a long time. A place where I can keep my pens, drawing pads and my lap top. And a place where I can leave my different projects without having to clear the desk whenever I am finished for the moment. Our small house has a glass veranda facing the garden. When we moved in we used it as a hallway but since we extended the house the small space is free. We've used the space as a play room but we soon discovered that the kids don't need a play room. They play where we are. Now we will try to use this small room as a work/craft room. It's not mine, everyone is free to use it, but it's a small space where unready things can rest. The first three pics show the room today as we're slowly starting to use it. The last pic is from earlier this summer when we put in the desk (which my husband built)
This is how the room looked before and this is from the outside.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new desk and space. It really is nice to have a place where you can spread out and not worry about cleaning up immediately ... it looks great - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful space to call your own and so clean! Enjoy it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice place to work and... dream ;) Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely space to work in! I love the arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think every woman (yes, women in particular) should have their own desk and/or space in the house. I'm very happy for you that you finally did, and hopefully I'll be next:)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks a perfect place to work from.
    i like the shelves underneath - very simple and practical :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful space. Love that you have all the world in front of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I LOVE It! Great use of space! We have maps over our desk too! I peeked at your Flickr photos and am in LOVE with you home!! You have spectacular taste! Totally dig your wallpaper choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a good use of space!! Hope you will spend many lovely creative hours there.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much all of you for your sweet words!
    Happy hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks really good! I love the table and what beautiful chairs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, en arbetshörna är en såndär sak som, när man val skaffat sig det, så fattar man inte hur man nånsin klarade sig utan :).
    Er blev ju jättemysig med den snygga bänken och fina gamla stolarna och precis vid ett fönster, topp!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love it! the floating desk is a fabulous design!
    nicola
    http://whichname.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete