Monday, March 23, 2009

Origami





My big girl got this book, Origami For Kids - easy and fun step by step projects, for her birthday. Today we folded a lot of hats. It was fun until I tried the San-pou, candy box. It was not at all easy and fun. I made the same mistake over and over again and I havn't given it up but I think I'll have to practise alone. Mamma, are you angry with the paper? Of course not. Anyway, then I folded a heart and we took pictures of happy softies in hats. That was easy. And very fun.
Also: Origami Chair by So Takahashi

6 comments:

  1. I bought the book "Origami For Kids" because I was really interested in making the candy box. However I found it to be rather challenging between step 6 and 7. I can't for the life of me figure out where or how to do these two steps. All of the other crafts seem to be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Kidding!!!!!!!!!!
    I got stuck on step 6!!!!
    If u ever find out how to make it please email me!!!

    jullierabello@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this really useful...http://throughkaraseyes.blogspot.com/2009/11/san-pou-candy-box.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great - Thanks! I had the same book, same problem. I think the issue is that Step 3 in the book makes it look like you are folding the paper with flaps inwards, but actually you are folding it with flaps outwards! (That must be what a mountain fold versus a valley fold means?!). Once I worked that out the rest was easy!! Thanks ladyodyne, that blogspot saved me from hours of torment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I was about to start pulling my hear out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I too had problems with step 3. In the book it looks like you're covering the flaps, but they're actually outside. Now it works!

    ReplyDelete